Showing posts with label moving. Show all posts
Showing posts with label moving. Show all posts

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ahhh, Familiar Territory

Well, we're back in Limbo Land. Can't say I'm happy to be here. The possible outcomes are a little less drastic than the last time with the camp. We have an offer on the house and we're in that ugly negotiation phase. We're also in the middle of negotiating on a rental. I don't like negotiating, dickering, whatever all this compromising is called. There is no thrill in the game for me. I'd rather just say, "You want it? Sure, make your best offer. Ok, that'll work!" I was no fun in the Hong Kong markets last year! Andrew would have had a lot of fun. Some people are like that, the whole thing is just not that personal.

So, we'll know by Friday the realtor says. There is a specific piece to pray for. The realtor said that if the appraisal was low or his loan had any contingencies then the buyer's hands would be tied on his response. Obviously we're praying for a high appraisal!

I'm also praying that we do get into this rental house. I have dreams of Christmas baking and hosting, hosting, hosting! It's been years since I've been able to comfortably host. I know God cares about those desires of my heart. I'm praying for more space for the kids to be "wild" as Josiah says, for an easy, quick commute for Andrew so we get to see him this winter when the work hours get long, a home where people can spend the night and there is room for big dinners. That rental house holds all those features but I'm sure many places do. I decided not to get hung up in the logistics but to trust God with details.

If everything falls through with the house sale then I'm going to fully enjoy being here in this house and neighborhood, where we have such great access to everything and Andrew can pop home very quickly.

We'll see. For now. Au Revoir from Limbo Land. This is only an extended visit - I'm not staying.

Monday, July 14, 2008

The Road to Bear Paw, part 6

Well, I'm sad to announce we've been further delayed in the purchase of the camp. Selling the business has been a tough one. I can't share too many details but the bottom line is the first buyer we had just wasn't working out despite every effort made. So, we're starting over with a second interested buyer. Right now I'm just thankful that we have someone else interested. We've talked to a few people who had to begin selling their businesses with no specific interest. We have seen many positive signs that this will work out but, as we've learned, sometimes what seems like the best scenarios just aren't meant to be. We trust God with those details!

In the meantime our offer on the camp has been expired since the end of May. We still keep in contact with the realtor and have even sent the owners an update. I guess it's hard to think that the camp isn't in the bag yet. Now as we work with a new perspective buyer for the store, we have added, at the very best, a 3-4 week delay again. We were encouraged as we met with our Area Director with American Missionary Fellowship. He said not to worry about Bear Paw. What we need to keep our focus on is the call that God has given us. We feel God has called us into full time ministry, specifically through Christian camping. We think that the field he has called us to is at Bear Paw Camp but, until we're there, we won't know for sure. The call won't change though, even if the destination does.

So, currently we are working on updating our address book so that we can send out our first missionary newsletter. We are praying for God's protection and provision through all the details of selling a business, and we're praying that we will be prepared to enter into full time ministry when his timing is right. We are still mostly packed up, sleeping with our mattresses on the floor, and balancing being ready to move with living in the now!